Saturday, June 7, 2008

Concession Watch: OJ Style

The alarm went off and I dragged myself out of bed on this comfy Saturday morning so I wouldn't miss a second of Hillary's highly anticipated concession event. When I turned on the television, however, instead of loser confetti I was greeted by... a static shot of an SUV outside of Hillary's house. So she's running late. It's a political campaign - aren't they always running late? Shouldn't the TV people be prepared for that? Off the top of my head, I might try to fill with an insightful recap of the primary season, footage of past speeches, etc. What do we get instead? An insightful shot of an SUV and the brilliant commentary, "When will she leave the house?"

Oh, OJ. Your influence is farther reaching than you ever imagined.

No comments: